Tuesday, January 19, 2016

16 Patch Pink Baby Quilt

I just want to start out this blog post by saying Thank You to all of you who continue to read/view my blog! Despite the fact that my posts have been limited of late, you continue to show up. Thanks for not giving up on me. If you can't tell, I feel really guilty for not posting more. But, enough of the sob story. Let's get on with the good stuff!

My client, Sylvia, made this cute 16-patch (that's what I'm calling it, though I'm not sure if that is the correct pattern name) for her granddaughter. Sylvia is one of my clients who kindly gives me full creative control with the quilting, and after doing a bunch of edge-to-edge quilts I was ready to let my creative juices flow on this quilt.


All the quilting on this quilt was freehand (continuous curve/orange peel and feathers).


I think it turned out super cute!
 I'm always amazed at how the quilting can take a simple quilt and make it into a spectacular quilt.


The back...


Below is a closeup of the design I used in the white blocks. I'll be honest, I can't even remember how I came up with this design. And as much as I liked it, I still felt like it could use a little more. 





So, I did a little microquilting.

Below is a side-by-side comparison of the design with/without microquilting.

Some people feel less is more and others say quilt it to death.
 I don't think one is right and one is wrong. It's just a matter of opinion and preference. 
I'm a 'quilt-it-to-death' type of gal, so sometimes it's hard for me to simplify my quilting.

In the end, I had fun quilting this quilt, and my client loved it! 
Mission accomplished!






No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS