Saturday, July 13, 2013

My Shop Hop Finds!

I had a blast doing the Utah Shop Hop this year.  I've always wanted to do the whole thing, but I've never had enough time. It really does take a couple days to complete.
My pick for cutest decorations: My Girlfriend's Quilt Shoppe in Logan, UT

 I asked my mother-in-law and daughter if they would accompany me and Mia. We had a blast, but only made it to three stores the first day. So, my kind mother-in-law took my little Mia off my hands the next day so I could try to hit the rest of the stores. I made it to all but three of them. The last three I hit on the last day. And I actually got my last passport stamp half an hour before closing time!

I found this CUTE! fabric at Mormon Handicraft in Midvale, UT


I'm not sure if I'll ever have the time to do the entire shop hop again, but I'm so glad I did it at least once. It was kind of like going to Disneyland for me. Each store was an exciting 'ride' for my creativity.

Purchased from Quilt Etc in Sandy, UT

 I made sure to buy at least one thing from each store, even if it was just a fat quarter. But most of the time I had a hard time limiting my purchases!

This is going to be a toddler dress for Miss Mia.
Purchased from Quilter's Haven in Bountiful, UT

I usually buy all my fabric at Quilter's Haven because it's close by, such a cute store, and I love the owner, Joni, and her associates. But I'm glad I did the shop hop and had the chance to visit other quilt shops. I may not drive to Logan or Orem just to buy fabric, but if I'm in the area I will definitely stop by now that I know where the quilt shops are.

Fabric purchased from Pine Needles in Gardner Village
West Jordan, UT

This was the free pattern from My Girlfriend's Quilt Shoppe in Logan.
What a cute Christmas tablerunner!

Fat Quarters from Piper's Quilts and Comforts
in Sugarhouse, UT (And look, I did buy some brown fabric!)

I fell in love with this line of fabric at either Corn Wagon Quilt Co in Springville, UT
or Elaine's Quilt Block in Salt Lake City, UT 
(I visited so many shops in one day it's hard to keep them straight
and both these businesses are in buildings that look very similar!)

Oh, and another reason I'm glad I did Shop Hop....I won this fun fabric and book!


Now, if only I can find the time to make something with all my cute fabric!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS