Monday, July 21, 2014

Post 32- Celestial Star QAL

After a few weeks of good vacationing, I'm itching to get back to quilting again.

I have more than a few project deadlines coming up. A wonderful group of Handi Quilter owners from across the seas have adopted me into their FB longarm group. I feel pretty lucky to have their friendship. They are always so encouraging and creating the most inspiring quilts! 

Many of the group joined Lisa Calle's Radiance wholecloth challenge and are hoping to display their wholecloths at a show somewhere overseas. Since I took a class from Lisa back in May and wanted to quilt up the design I made in her class, I decided joining the challenge would be just the thing I needed to get this done. (Yep, I work better with deadlines than without!) An update on that project will be coming sometime later this week.

I also recently joined the Salt Lake Modern Quilt Guild for a sew-in at Thimbles and Threads in Draper. What fun! Not only did I make some good progress on a project, but I met some awesome gals! One of them introduced me to the blog fromblankpages.blogspot.com and the Celestial Star quilt-a-long. 

With all of my other projects and customer quilts, I was hesitant to join the quilt-a-long. But it sounded so fun! So here's my compromise...I'm joining but only making one 18-inch block. So here's what I have done so far.

The first step was purchasing the pattern and coloring some grayscale designs.


They're all fun designs, but my fav is the bottom left. 

I want to use one of the fabric bundles I bought at shop hop. 
Here are the choices:






The next step...coloring the design in some of the fabric collections.


There must be something going on with the bottom left pics, because once again that's the winner!
I really want to make some use of the Christmas fabric I bought, so I think that'll be my fabric choice. 

Stay tuned for more Celestial Star QAL and Wholecloth fun!

2 comments:

  1. That is such a gorgeous block! I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with, and your wholecloth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the quilt blog love Barbie! ;)

      Delete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS