Friday, August 29, 2014

Post 27-Mia's Garden is going to MQX!


I'm so excited!
 I just found out my quilt, Mia's Garden, got accepted into MQX Quilt Festival Midwest!
You can see my name in the middle column fourth from the bottom.



Looking at the other finalists really put things in perspective for me. 
I recognize a lot of those names...Leah Day, RaNae Merrill, Gina Perkes, Margaret Solomon Gunn, Linda Thielfoldt, Cathy Wiggins, Judy Woodworth. (Click on their name to see some of their amazing work.) These are just a few of the amazing quilters whose quilts were juried into this show.

I was encouraged by one of the founders of MQX, Janet-Lee Santeusanio, to enter my quilt into the show. I don't know about you, but sometimes I need a little nudge to get me out of my comfort zone. I'm glad Janet-Lee gave me that nudge. My studio will feel a little empty when I ship my quilt to Illinois, but at least one of us gets to go to the show. :)

Today's show and tell is a small table runner I quilted for a customer who picked up the appliqué pieces in Peru. 


I used freehand and rulers to do the line designs. The leaf motif was a digitized design by my awesome friend and designer Karlee Porter at karleeporter.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS