Monday, September 22, 2014

Post 25-Radiance Mini Wholecloth

Life has been full of quilt deadlines for me. Nothing new! 
I love all the work I'm getting to do, but I'm still learning my own limitations. Sometimes I wish I could duplicate myself, but since that's not possible I'm learning instead that I have to be realistic about what I can and can't do and let some work opportunities go.
It's a bittersweet realization for me.

In the midst of all the customer deadlines, I was able to take a few hours for myself and quilt my mini wholecloth.
I created this mini wholecloth for the challenge given by Lisa Calle and I'm doing it in conjunction with my friends from the Longarm Learning Curve group on Facebook. 
The coolest thing about this group is that we are from all over the world with one uniting factor...we all do longarm quilting on Handi Quilter machines. 
It's awesome to be part of a world-wide quilt group! And I'm so happy I decided to do this challenge with them. 

Our ringleader, Annelize Littlefair, has arranged for our mini wholecloths to be displayed in the U.K. at the Malvern Autumn Quilt Show in 2015 and then at the Spring Quilt Festivals in 2016 in Ardingly, Edinburgh, Exeter, and Duxord. 

I dream of one day going to the U.K., but I guess for now I'll have to be satisfied that my quilt will be there! ;)

I still need to bind this, but the deadline is in October, so I'm feeling good about my progress. So, without further wait I present to you my Radiance mini wholecloth!


I love the way this turned out!!
One of the requirements for this challenge was to use Robert Kaufman's Radiance fabric. I have to tell you I kept running my hand over this fabric as I was quilting it. It's so soft and smooth and silky! I decided I absolutely NEED this fabric on my bed! (Another project on the to-make list!)

I'm so glad I took this challenge. For some reason, there's nothing like the pressure of a deadline to make me finish things!

Quilt Stats:
Fabric: Robert Kaufman Radiance in cream
Batting: Hobbs 80/20 and a layer of wool
Thread: Superior Highlights in cream

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS