Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Fall Tablerunner...a year later



A year ago, I was given some cute Moda fabric mini square packs. These cute 2-1/2 inch bundles come with 42 squares, but they're so small it's hard to know what to do with them.  I had two packs of a fall fabric line and decided a fall table runner would be their destiny.  At the time, I was just learning how to use the new Art & Stitch program that Handi Quilter adopted for their Pro-Stitcher (computerized quilting). I wanted to design a continuous line pumpkin design to go on the table runner.  The piecing was fun. The quilting designing was fun. Unfortunately, I didn't finish quilting it until snow fell, so I tucked it away-binding undone-until next year.


So...now it's next year!

My favorite part of quilting is sitting in a comfy chair, listening to a book on tape (or in this case General Conference), and hand stitching the binding on a quilt. It's soooo therapeutic! And now my fall table runner is finished.  The only sad part is I have no idea what line of fabric this was made out of because a year ago I threw out the labels! :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS