Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Snowflake Quilt

When it comes to quilting, I'm usually drawn to cute, flowery, pastel fabrics, but last fall I was done with pink and green and decided it was time for a cold-weather quilt. I found this Nordic lap quilt pattern by Blue Meadow Designs at my favorite local quilt shop (Quilter's Haven in Bountiful, UT), and thought it was a perfect match!





I wanted a quilting design that complemented the winter theme of the quilt. After a bit of experimenting with Art & Stitch (computerized quilting design software), I came up with this continuous-line design. My friend, Whitney, aptly named it "Windswept Snowflakes." I thought it fit perfectly with the swirly snowflake design.














The snowflakes were raw-edge appliqued, or as my quilting buddies call it 'scrapliqued', using silver glitter thread.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS