Sunday, February 2, 2014

Post 48- She's Growing Up!

Guess who's 1? It's hard to believe it's been a year since sweet Mia came into our lives. She has blessed us in so many ways, but the thing I've noticed the most is we all smile more because of her. We're not celebrating the big day until this weekend when grandparents will be in town, so I don't have any cute birthday cake pics. But I did snap this pic today. For some reason she really wanted a green onion. Every time we opened the fridge she grabbed at them. So I gave her one today thinking she'd taste it, spit it out, and be done with it. But she surprised me and chewed the onion to pieces. Crazy-and stinky-girl!


My husband is a pretty awesome snowboarder and has been teaching my boys. He makes it look so easy! A few years ago I decided to try it. I signed up for a lesson at a local resort. At the time, I was in the best shape of my life as a marathon runner, but learning to snowboard kicked my butt! It was a harder workout than an 18-mile run! 

I did a bit of skiing as a teen, but It's been 18 years since I last went skiing. So when we decided to take the family to Wolf Mountain for a night of family snowboarding/skiing, I was a bit apprehensive about getting back out on the snow. It's just like riding a bike, though. It came right back to me and it was a lot of fun! Here's a pic of my older daughter and I freezing our butts off.


One last picture-here's the progress on our house. It's so exciting to see walls going up!







No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS